Norvasc And Ans Symptoms

mkoven

In another attempt to stop my night-time chest pain episodes and stop migraines, my cardio and neuro have agreed to have me try norvasc. I tried it last night for the first time. I think it might be too soon to stay stop, but I don't think this is agreeing with me. I felt it kick in with this sensation of suffocating-- this shortness of breath that I get with low bp. My bp was actually okay but my pulse was really slow--50. And I just felt even more like fluid was sloshing around my chest, worse ability to stand, and major spaceyness. I hate to be so hard to medicate and I know I should give it a try, but part of me just thinks it's nuts to put someone like me on a vasodilator. How long do I wait before calling the doc to let her know? I suppose I could give her the first day's update. I can't imagine she wants my heart rate much below 50. Now that I'm up and about it's okay, but it seems less able to compensate for position changes, so I do feel more lightheaded.

Now my major issue with this drug is whether it is the culprit behind the fact that I've been sneezing and scratching my nose constantly for the last 36 hours. can't think of what else it would be. But from what I understand, drug allergies don't usually manifest as sneezing/itchy nose. (I already take allegra, singulair, and flonase, and they're not helping. Even the 50mgs of benadryl I took last night before bed barely calmed it down enough to sleep.) Could sneezong be a drug reaction?