Weird Heartbeat

Little Background: I am getting/ or have gotten a cold. Sore throat, dry cough, yellow goo (I know, lovely)

I was heading to bed last night, and as I lay down in bed I felt my heart do something very strange. It was almost as if it was beating in the wrong direction. I felt like my heart bent itself in two and tried to escape out my sternum. I thought, this is weird, took a few deep breaths, and because of said cold, was immediately asleep (No time to ponder an ER visit). There was some pain with this event and my chest moved very strangely, but I seem fine now. Wondering if this was Afib, or a PVC, or my MVP getting stuck open or something. Has anyone experienced this before, and does anyone think I need to get it looked at? I know most doctors won't see you if you can't repeat what happened; plus I'm really busy at work. Any ideas?

Sara

Thanks.

(Sorry I haven't been on the board much- it's finals week!)

It feels like my heart does painful flips and hiccups, and my doc said that was just some pretty bad palpitations, but I'm pretty sure it'd show up as something more on an EKG, they've just never been able to catch it on a EKG. I hope you won't experience that too much more! Good luck with your cold, please take it easy on yourself and your heart =)