Left Sided Pain - Feels Muscular

Angelika_23

Hello,

I am still not back to "baseline" since I got sick, had a cyst rupture, etc.

Now I am being plagued with constant left-sided pain. It feels like my muscles on my left side are very sore all the time. I can't lift my leg too high, and even my fingers are hurting. It is in my jaw too. I don't understand why this is happening. I don't know which doctor to call. I am wondering if I should try to find a rheumatologist in this area. I don't want to go all the way to Cleveland again.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm sure open to them. I am very miserable right now.

Thanks,

Angela

WOW..hate you are having this again...are you sure you shouldn't see gynecologist again? the last one you saw seemed like an astute guy.

I am sorry you still have so much going on in your body, sweetie.

But I would start with him to RULE OUT female stuff....then ask his opinion who you might see. Make sure a cysts has not returned causing weird pain transference...man on man....it's mystifying. :(

xoxo

Sophia,

The odd thing is, the ONLY place I'm NOT hurting is in my abdomen, so it doesn't seem like it would be the same thing. I called the GYN guy, he said pain all the way in my jaw and fingers would not be related to anything GYN. Sigh.

Shimoda, do you have left-sided issues? I have had brain MRI's in the fairly recent past for my Chiari, and nothing has stood out.

I have made an appt with a rheumatologist at Cleveland Clinic next week. I first saw a rheumatologist there earlier this year, but the doc who saw me, and diagnosed me with fibromyalgia is no longer with the clinic. I was confused by the fibromyalgia diagnosis because I only have pain on my left side, and I thought fibro was equal on both sides... Anyway, I see a new doctor this time and the person reassured me she was a good doctor who would take time and get to the bottom of this.

I am in so much pain. Nothing helps. If the pain doesn't slow down, I will be back in a wheelchair. It hurts to walk. I get so stiff and sore if I walk, and even worse if I sit too long. I have no idea what is causing this.

:D

Angela

Angela

I wish I had some encouraging words for you but am glad you are seeing a new doc next week. Sending prayers and thoughts your way. Keep me informed.

I remember your seeing the chiari doc...sheesh.

I am sorry you are in such pain.

Sophia

Shimoda, do you have left-sided issues? I have had brain MRI's in the fairly recent past for my Chiari, and nothing has stood out.

No...just thought I could help. How recent were your last MRI's? Maybe if this pain started after you took your last set, you might want to think about having them redone. Maybe something has changed since then; maybe not. Regardless, I'm really sorry for all the crap you're going through. I wish I could take your pain away, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Don't worry, things will get better. Best of luck with the new doc.