Chicken Pox Vaccine..

wareagle

Hi guys. I'm 32 and I've never had chicken pox...been exposed plenty of times but blood tests have confirmed I've never had it. I mentioned this to my POTS doc several mths. ago and he strongly suggested I think about getting the vaccine. When doing some research though I found that Florinef has a warning NOT to take live vaccines while on it. I haven't had the opportunity to discuss this with my doc. yet. Just thought I'd see if any of you know WHY the vaccines aren't recommended while on Florinef.

It's been on my mind a lot lately as I really want to see my neice and nephew more. I just worry about being exposed to the virus, especially now with all my other medical issues. Does anyone have experience with this vaccine? I'd hate to go off of the florinef as it's one of the only meds I take...but I also don't EVER want to get chicken pox. <_<

Any info. is much appriciated!

Guest Sandy Sims
Hi guys. I'm 32 and I've never had chicken pox...been exposed plenty of times but blood tests have confirmed I've never had it. I mentioned this to my POTS doc several mths. ago and he strongly suggested I think about getting the vaccine. When doing some research though I found that Florinef has a warning NOT to take live vaccines while on it. I haven't had the opportunity to discuss this with my doc. yet. Just thought I'd see if any of you know WHY the vaccines aren't recommended while on Florinef.

It's been on my mind a lot lately as I really want to see my neice and nephew more. I just worry about being exposed to the virus, especially now with all my other medical issues. Does anyone have experience with this vaccine? I'd hate to go off of the florinef as it's one of the only meds I take...but I also don't EVER want to get chicken pox. <_<

Any info. is much appriciated!

Drugs.com will tell you the info you need.

But, in short, I believe you will find you are on steriods--which affect your immune system--among other things. That being the case being injected with a germ--even tho a "killed" one in a vacination--could not be a good thing.

I suggest you try google also for more info on Florinef--as well as steriods.

This is again sort of personal, since I now live with many steriod use side effects from these drugs given to me for a medical condition --and that have now caused far worse medical conditions as a result of taking them.

You should know the things you put into your body--always--and the possible long term effects of those medications. With the internet it's pretty easy to do.

But if that's too tuff--just call your pharmacist.