Good News

Ernie

Hi everyone,

I just got the answer from my insurance company. It took many months of fighting to finally get accepted. I will order it this week and get it in a couple of weeks. It will help me a lot with the adrenaline rushes.

Can't wait to get it.

Oh, Ernie....That is fantastic. Several years ago, I had a presc. for a hospital bed. I couldn't get an answer from my insurance whether I was eligible for a rent/purchase plan. We opted for adjustable beds. My problem is that I creep down from the incline when I sleep.

I hope that you get some improved rest with your new bed. Let us know how it goes!

Lois

congrats on getting the approval that you were hoping & fighting for! for me a hospital bed is one thing i've fought...was offered/ approved for it a year & a half ago or so but really didn't want it, & while it would have been helpful at one point then i'm glad i fought it as i don't need it so much now. i have an antique bed that i love so for me giving that up would be huge. while i would love to be able to convert my bed to something adjustable, in the midst of so much else in my life & room become "hospitalized" the bed is one thing i've fought off. for me it wouldn't make any different day-to-day in the way that it will for you...if that were the case i would probably have a much different opinion on the matter. i'm super happy for you that you've gotten what you were hoping for!

congrats again!

B) melissa

Hi,

Thanks for the good wishes. I am going to order it tomorrow.

The double bed costs 1,100$ more than the single bed and I have to pay the difference myself. I am the type to sacrifice myself to save money but my husband says that I should get the double bed since I am not comfortable in a single bed. I need pillows to support my knees when I sleep on my sides and they keep falling of the single bed. So I want to think about it tonight. My husband says that it is an investment and I should think about my health. He also said that I would die in it! Then he said that I would probably die in a car accident because I had so many. I would like to think that I will use it for the next 20 years but no garantee came with my body!!!!

Any opinions?

Ernie, I think you answered your own question

I am not comfortable in a single bed.
Unless you get one with cot-sides to stop your pillows falling out of the bed?

I use a huge "body pillow" to support my top leg and arm whilst lying on my side in a sort-of recovery position. In my own flat I have a double bed and enjoy having two of these giant pillows (one on each side so I can roll over without having to rearrange the pillows).

I hope that whatever bed you choose that it is really comfy and brings you the benefits that you deserve. I guess that soft well fitting sheets will be a must too.

Flop

Hi,

I just ordered my double size bed 2 minutes ago. I am so excited. I am suppose to get it in 2 weeks installed in my house.

Thank you for your support.

P.S. Flop: Thanks for making me see what I did not realise. I slept 2 extra days in my single bed to really realise how I hate sleeping in a single size bed. Now I am sure of my choice.