At Last I've Found A New Charity For 'hogwarts Castle '

willows

Some of you may know our family was very badly let down by the charity we had been raising funds for over a period of 5-6 years in May of this year and we all suffered by thier lack of care and understanding to us .

Mark suffered a broken hand and was so ill by Sunday night he had to spend 2 days in bed recovering , Mike was exhausted beyond belief to the point he was in tears and had lost 8 lbs in weight in two days and I suffered 2 angina attacks and had constant out-of -control sweats whilst trying to work the whole weekend without help from what I call 'grown ups' it really was the biggest let down I have ever experienced in my entire life as a fundraiser and I was in tears for three days afterwards and still cannot believe that this happened.

We all felt that the person who was my immediate boss had not told us the complete truth about the weekend and we had all worked ourselves stupid to make something happen when we didnt stand a chance.

So on returning home on the Sunday evening , cut , sore , shattered and so very angry by the sheer lack of help and even concern about three disabled people who had been on thier feet for over 15 hours that day ( I was on pethidine by then) well we all took a vote and felt we could no longer work for the charity , within 36 hours of being home we all resigned .

Since then I have been looking for a charity that is local to us and is for children and young adults , I've talked to a few charities and had a look at some of the charity shops and quite honest some of them I felt just wouldnt be able to cope with someone like myself , you know a bit crazy with ideas and full of life and laughter, its bad enough for my family when I get going, let alone strangers :lol::lol:

Well having left a message on a charities answerphone last week I got a call back from the manager of the fundraising team for this particular charity OMG talk about fits of giggles between us :lol::P

The young woman I spoke to I thought was called 'I'm-an eclair ' well that was exactly what she said on the answer phone .............. <_< and when she asked for me by name to hubby ..............as he came up the stairs to give me the phone he was laughing so much he nearly dropped it as she had asked for 'Aidy mealy no-bells rews' it was a good job I was sitting down on the bed at the times a I laughed so much I nearly choked swallowing :P:lol:

So, I think you can say from this somewhat strange start to the conversation that we 'hit it off with flying colours' we are so much alike this young lady might have been my middle daughter !

Next Monday we are all going over to see the school , its for children and young adults with mental and physical disabilities and is about 10 miles from us , it has been going for about 200 years and has a very good reputation for its care and its support of the family as well as the children .

I told them about 'Hogwarts Castle and all I have and what I do and I think you can say I've shocked them, well after all how many of us can say we have a 30 x 20 size castle with owls, Phoenix's , wands and snakes hidden away just 2 miles from the actual school and all ready to raise money for the kids ???? probably one person in the world and that's ME :lol:

With Christmas coming up fast I'm hoping that we can sort out a weekend when 'Hogwarts' can once again fly its banners and welcome the children of Plymouth to my wonderful crazy world of harry potter , possibly 'father christmas ' can take over the whole building along with wizards and elves in full costume giving out sweets to all.

Its to late for Halloween this year , but may be next year ................but I tell you what :P finding a charity thats so near , so nice and so willing to actually help us set up and take down the huge castle and all that goes with it ( it takes 36-48 hours to put it up and dress up all 3 rooms properly ) well its something I've been longing for since the awful time we had in May of this year .

I've sat 5 long months now without something to keep my mind active , something to look forward to ,which has some meaning instead of just click, click , clicking away on my lap-top writing my books ....................heaven is all I can say , heaven, that I've found a good local charity , a charity that is willing and able to give a real helping hand setting up the castle and taking it down and at long last something to keep my mind active and the whole family feel useful again .

If you want to have a look at the charity site follow this lead (if the site doesn't mind me putting this lead up please)

http://www.damehannah.com/

Well I'm off to bed in a few minutes as I'm tired now at long last as my vast quantity of night time tablets have actually 'kicked in ' after 3 hours !!!!!!

Night-night all or good morning to all across the water .................Ami or 'Aidy mealy no-bells rews' :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for your ideas Firewatcher I may just do that as I am a member of mugglenet and had the great pleasure of being the muggle of the month one year , cant remember which year but I'm in there in the UK listing .........great fun or what !!!

I've been looking at the charities events and spied that on the 20th November they have a christmas fayre at the large hotel that is very near to us and who I know the owner of quite well , so hopefully when we all go on Monday armed with a load of my photo's of the castle etc , well if I can get my act together in time I think part of Hogworts castle could possibly be taken to the hotel and set up .

I've most of the customs ready ( just need a press and a good brush ) my birds are well feed and ready to hoot and squawk and I'm so tired of not being the 'lady with the phoenix' or 'the lady with the owls'....... the owl lady ..............Hogworts lady ...............the lady Halloween lady ........................the good witch ...............and many many more names :huh:

I cant tell you just how nice it will be to don my black dress, hogworts cloak and Professor Mcgonagall's hat , armed with one of the wonderful limited edition wands I have in store and with Fawkes my trusty adorable bright orange phoenix on my arm ..............set out amongst the children telling them stories and giving out sweets and baby finger puppet animals........................I'm so excited again .

Mind you I've not much time to get my act together if I want to give out sweets as I normally pull in around 20 kilos or more from companies around this area who want to help the charity I work for , so I'd better get off here and get writing to some local sweet companies for help as I've just 18 days to get myself sorted ....... :)

yippppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeee I'm off to get my broom and fly to the nearest cash and carry .

Love to all Ami , Fawkes and the owls.................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx