Siezures

lostkendra

Just curious if anyone has the bizarre combination of POTs and Siezures?

I had just the normal run of the mill POTs. The ups and the downs. But mostly under control. My doctors have me on this wonderful cocktail that enables me to teach most days and keep up with my normal life. Now I've had 2 epidsodes that include a 1 to 2 hour catatonic phase where I can't move or talk. Both times I was able to make it to safety before 'zoning' out.

Anyways, they are now thinking that I might be having seizures. As if narcalespy and POTs aren't enough. Now I'm going to have to worry about seizures!

(Now for my melt down)

This past January, I finally grew up and became an adult. I've been managing my own money. Looking into the future. I started a Roth IRA. I've realized that my bf isn't good for me. I've found a house that I'm in the middle of buying. I close at the end of the month. My first house! It was hard enough to buy a house knowing that my POTs flares up and I'd have trouble at times taking care of myself. I'm not even thinking of the fact that I can't drive half of the time. Now siezures, if they prove it's siezures, the driving thing will no longer be an issue. My license will be gone. It won't be my choice. Hello bus, if I can walk to it. At least I still have 2 weeks before closing. I can still get out of the deal and only lose my earnest money. If I do that then chances are I'll have to move back in with mom and dad. yuck!

SEIZURES????!!!!

Hi Kendra,

I think a lot of us have been tested for seizures and few of us have them. Are they sure it's not just some aspect of your narcolepsy? If it's seizures, they sound pretty atypical. Hopefully they schedule you for a test quickly, because they know pretty quickly. Good luck and hope it doesn't interfere with your house! morgan

I can remember my Son #2 having those events many times when he was 18 to 19 and his POTS was at its most severe time, my wife called them stupors. Once they got the BB's, the Midodrene, and also his salt level increased with fluids, they seemed to vanish. The neruo.. said it was caused by low BP and insufficient oxygen to the brain.

DADofPotsSon