Medicine For Brain Fog?

lloppyllama

for me stimulant meds help a lot. currently i use the daytrana patch, though i used to use concerta successfully in the past. both of these are in the ritalin family, as is adderall (which didn't work for me & gave me intolerable side effects). as is the case with any med, these don't work for everyone. for some people they don't do anything - good or bad - and for others the side effects outweigh any benefit. for me i haven't had any negatives with daytrana other than a bit of skin irritation (very minimal) and had no trouble with the concerta (just stopped being effective, most likely due to my GI tract not being able to handle extended-release meds of any type). for some these meds add to issues of anxiety, something i've never had a problem with; i think this is more likely for those who already have the problem such that most docs probably wouldn't suggest them for those already dealing with an issue that's likely to be accentuated.

in addition to the supplement ernie mentioned, provigil is another med that helps some in this area, as well as with fatigue in general. it's often tough to get approved via insurance, and as such not usually tried first.

also, in a more general sense, i've always found that, the better my hypotension is controlled, the better my brain fog is. as such, as times that we've increased my dose of midodrine, my cognitive functioning is usually better than it was prior to the adjustment. along the same lines, my brain fog is almost always (if not always) directly related to my overall physical functioning, most specifically fatigue, blood pressure/ heart rate issues, & pain. as such, the better things are controlled overall the better i am cognitively & the more exhausted i am physically the more foggy i am cognitively.

hope this helps,

:P melissa

hi,

i am on ritalin (10mg twice a day) to keep me from falling asleep during the day. it has a positive effect on the brain fog as well. when i tried it the first time i couldn't stand the headaches it gave me. after a year (and many occasions where i suddenly fell asleep :unsure::lol: ) i tried again and this time there were no headaches and i remember how i felt las if the curtains were pulled up!!!!

like sunfish mentioned, my cognitive skills also have to do with hypotension and/or fatigue.

hope this helps,

take care,

corina :)