Feeling Better

Jordan5815

I've been running about 1 mile every day can't tommorrow tho Hurricane Ike running up on me haha.

My "panic episodes" which i found out were chemically induced waiting to see a neuro-endocrine. I have been covered up temporarily with valium. Also valium gave me more energy which I have been able to actually run a little bit. Since the running and the more excercising I've been doing some of the weird beats which feels like my heart does not beat then it just knocks the wind out of me have kind of gone away for the most part. Just get them every once in a while now instead of frequently. Used to get them with my "chemically induced panic episodes" whether it's a PAC or PVC it seems to be going away slowly but surely. Still trying to gain weight I'm 124lb's now ;) and actually grew 1 inch so now im 6ft.

btw, I don't know why running would get rid of the funky beats any answers been googling trying to figure out the deal.

so what's up with you guys?

- John

Oh John,

You sound like my son. When he was his sickest, he couldn't eat very well (chronic nausea.) He was 5' 8" and 100 lbs. Walking/running was one the things that got him better. Conditioning the cardiovascular system always helps. Mack is 15 y/o and he is now 6' 2" and 175lbs. Once you figure out a good regimen, you'll be able to get your weight up.

Best of luck with Ike. Let us know how you do!

Julie

Hi!

Glad to see your symptoms are decreasing! Hope you continue to feel better and are able to keep running etc. Just try not to over do it and cause a flare of symptoms. As far as feeling less of the irregular beats, I am not really sure of the answer, but if it was adrenaline etc. related (you mention chemically induced symptoms, so maybe part of?). But, if maybe it was something like you had too much adrenaline before going "unused", and then with running you are using it, and therefore is not causing the symptoms? Or some other chemical/hormone imbalance? That may be real off base... Not sure, hopefully a dr. can help you understand. But, if you are feeling better, it must be a good thing! Just try not to over do it. :blink:

Ok cool, the hurricane passed a big tree fell on the house so that was fun lol...... I was up and outside during the hurricane it was pretty fun at 4am.....

Appreciate the responses still have been continuing to run and workout every day. I'm getting alot stronger whats pretty weird is i notice when i just stand my heart rate is higher but when i walk it goes lower. so just standing in one place makes my hr go up higher. of course when i run my hr does what it is supposed to do go figure ;)

John, although it seems odd it is "normal" in POTS for the HR to be higher standing still than it is walking. When you stand still the leg muscles are relaxed and the blood pools in the lesg, the heart has to work harder so it pumps faster. When you are walking the leg muscles contract in turn and this helps to push the blood in the veins back up towards the heart, the heart has more blood so it eases off to a normal work rate. When running we have the same sort of response to normal people.

Flop (always walking / fidgeting to avoid standing still!)

Though let me add my dysautonomic response to aerobic exercise-- I often drop my bp. The folks at Cleveland says that exercise must be triggering a vagal response. I can often walk, but tried a seated machine in rehab (nustep) that I would have thought would be good (because seated). but because I have to pump with my legs, all my blood goes there and I feel bed, and my bp plummets.