Mayo's "comprehensive Rehab Center"

Poohbear

Just wondering if anyone on this site has been through this program? If so, what was your experience? (Feel free to PM me if you want the info to be private).

Here are links if anyone is interested

In the link it says, "Some patients with non-pain conditions that have experienced significant decline in function are also admitted to the program, including patients with chronic fatigue syndrome or postural tachycardia syndrome (POTS)."

http://www.mayoclinic.org/pain-rehabilitation-center-rst/

Hi Pooh,

I went to the rehab center for three weeks of therapy and I personally thought that it was a good step twords getting better. I went there with NCS and fibro and I have done much better since then. They helped me with career help, stress help, we did physical therapy, occupational therapy, sleep studies, goals and workgroups. It was eight hours a day, five days a week I stayed at the Staybridge Suites across the street from the hospital it was a bit spendy but I was on Medicaid from Iowa and they paid for gas up there and my room and board, so if you are on that I would check into it. From my opinion it was the turning point for acceptance of my NCS and learning how to do every day tasks and get back on to a normal type of life. It also helped me figure out what I wanted to do with my life, helped me get into school close to me and figure out how to get my license back.

If you have any other questions feel free to message back on here or PM me. I have to look at the big book I got from there to help me totally remember everything we did there, but it is expensive if you dont have insurance and it is expensive to live up there for the three weeks if you are from out of town...so I understand the questions and hesitancy to put all your eggs in this basket. Like I said feel free to contact me about anything.

Shelby