Weird Stuff Going On

Had a strange event yesterday. Went to Home Depot with my boyfriend and walked around A LOT. About 3/4 of the way through our trip I suddenly felt the need to lay down right now! I fought it and continued shopping. That's where my memory stops. According to him I got really really upset and mean and we left the store with me upset with everything. I apparently also had a lot of trouble keeping my eyes open. Got back to my apartment and I laid down and I could immediately feel my brain "start" again and I could open my eyes. He's worried about this event. I'm not, because it used to happen ALL the time, at least 2-3 times a week when I was in college. :) I'm also leery to go to the doctor about it because I don't want to be diagnosed with some "mental" disorder and run the risk of all the doctors suddenly feeling that my symptoms are psychological, as these events don't fit anything. (I've had EEGs and they are all normal - so it's NOT a seizure)

Took my BP and heart rate today as I know I'm not up to "par" yet, and immediately upon standing my pulse went from 77 to 126. Eep! That's the largest jump I've had, about 50 beats. I've been drinking a lot of water thinking it's dehydration, but that hasn't changed anything. Does this warrant a call to the doctor? Or should I just rest and hope it goes away.

Sara

Sara--My Sara also has these "events" with almost the same exact symptoms you had. She doesnt remember what happens or anything during the time. Our trip to the neuro with a 24 hr EEG revealed nothing remarkable(love that expression on tests!!) However the neuro told us that he believes she is having mini-seizures. Cant say if thats what is going on with you, but thats what he told us about Sara. Hope you get some answers. BTW, she is on tranxene for the mini seizures and it has seemed to help, as her episodes have lessened. Best to you and gentle hugs----Susan :)

If you have a good doc, send them a fax about what happened to put in your chart. I send faxes, because then there is no "he said, she said..." or miscommunication. I do this to my doc if I have any new symptoms and he will call me and tell me to come in if he feels like it is necessary. Once, I had completely forgotten that I had gone to the grocery store and let all the food spoil in my car.

If in doubt, tell your doc, let them make that decision.