Fun Weekend

Oh my, so after my docs appt on friday and with all the IV saline they gave me, I still felt like crud friday night into saturday.......ended up starting in with chest tightness, more nausea, couldnt eat much still, and strange fluttering in my neck/chest.......finally i decided to go into the ER even though i had just seen my EP friday (this was saturday afternoon) ....i was shocked to see my HR in the low 50's when it usually is like 100;s + -- on top of that my ECG was funky and they drew labs and my lytes were in the toilet, especially my potassium, so they ended up giving me both oral K and IV K along with my IV saline hydration......

I wonder if this was caused from not being able to each/drink much for a good 5 days. I had only vomited 2X through the whole week, so i dont think that could have depleted my K. I am wondering if all the bags of IV saline in the EP's office diluted my K ???

It was a rough weekend, and my doc wants me to check in with my GI. only problem with that, even if you've been in the ER with issues is that it takes a lifetime to get in to see GI. stinks. I ended up emailing my EP and telling him all this and he told me he hoped i felt better and that i should definitely follow up with my GI. he is right that i should follow up with GI and not him (even though i had rhythm issues and lyte problems) because the primary cause of all this is GI related and not cardiac.......

I dont know where to go with this now........my gastroparesis has NOT been good lately, not at all......i have tried all pro motility meds and to no avail........i have tried the anti emetics, eat them like candy, and i still have problems with horrific nausea....

any advice into all this?

thanks gals n guys!

cardiactec.

Nausea used to be one of my main symptoms. For some unknown reason my nausea is gone since I started Celexa??????????

I don't get it, I have been on 4 other SSRI's and still had nausea. I used to take protonix and that did nothing.

Dawn