Pots And Hormones

Hi again,

I know that hormone changes can cause POTS issues, but is the reverse true? My Endo has found that I have "minimally adequate" hormone levels: estradiol, LH, FsH, and testosterone. We can't find an LH surge and the highest estradiol level has been 116 pg/mL. My periods are regular (26 days) but extremely light. My periods were never this way before, they were usually really heavy. The labs do not indicate menopause or PCOS. Can POTS CAUSE this?

My lab results were flagged for having low thyroid output, but my doctor doesn't seem to think it's a big deal because my periods are normal. I have mood swings and hot flashes at night though. I'd like to get to bottom of this as well. I have no clue if there's anything up with my adrenal gland.

It is not a medication issue, this has been a gradual thing that just hit bottom before I did last year. The other meds that I have tried (dDAVP, inderal and klonopin) are all recent and have made no difference. The whole female menstrual, libido thing has just dwindled to NOTHING. I wouldn't cry over the shorter, lighter periods, but my husband and I are both unhappy with the other part. I know that excess catecholamines are what causes your periods to stop if you work-out a lot, but I supposedly have too little catecholamines... I also have anti-thyroglobulin anti-bodies, but not the other anti-bodies to distinguish Hashimoto's. After my second child, I did have hypothyroidism, but I don't test low now.

This is SOooooo frustrating, I hope Vanderbilt has some answers. I am afraid that I am building them up as a holy grail in my mind.