"mis"-diagnosis Of Diabetes Insipidus?

I had DI once but it was after I had transphenoidal hypophysectomy (fancy way to say pituitary tumor removed surgically). All I remember is that all the water put in front of me (and IV) couldn't satisfy my thirst. They had me void in a recepticle and the urine would almost look like water nealy clear very light. They would dip it (but I cannot remember what it was they were measuring--weight of something?). I had to take DDAVP to concentrate the urine (same thing they use when I hemorrhage)--some hormone that works on the kidneys.

I'd never had problems with this since coming off that med--about a year out from the surgery 30 years ago. Now in the past 2 years I've gone from POTS to orthostatic hypotension with ANS failure. My cardiologist was stumped doing all sorts of tests, having me back at endocrinologist and neurologist as he was sure there was connection with pituitary surgeries on all of this but nothing ever showed (and I don't have that insatiable thirst and really really diluted pale urine. I don't think it was so much the frequency as it was the volume and the gravity or whatever they were measuring. I had to keep track of the intake and output for long while.

Thanks Dizzy. Your right Mack's mom did answer. I have never had allergies apart from hayfever before so just shocked at the way this sensitivity has come on. After taking an antihistamine last night kept waking in sleep every 30 mins in tachy with hives, felt like I was allergic to the bed sheets and every piece of clothing I have put on.

I understand it's all part of EDS but struggling to decide what I am allergic to at the moment. Keeping away from my dogs, polyester and all sorts at the moment. Hopefully it will pass.

Appreciate your reply.

hi serbo,

I know what you're going through .. I've been doing my own research for 6 years now

and it's still overwhelming.

Fwiw, I was more allergic to my dog who had a chronic yeast problem. He refused to

let me clean his ears so I really couldn't get a handle on it. If I bathed my dogs in dawn

Dish soap every 7 days or less, it helped but not enough. My vets groomer recommended

this ..

I have to wash my bed linens every week too. Once my pillow cases get soiled, I start

waking up with sticky eyes.

Just out of curiosty, are you getting outside in the sun everyday ? I can't always do this and it's not easy for me to do, but it sure makes me feel better. I stay out for 2 hours normally. No sunscreen. I moved to the beach back in june and can't get enough of it ..

I had a non stop runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drip, etc before eliminating my known food

intolerances. Funny story .. I have a freind who sneezes non stop is she eats dairy.. Lol .. Now

there's a clue you can't miss ...

Tc .. D

hi serbo,

I know what you're going through .. I've been doing my own research for 6 years now

and it's still overwhelming.

Fwiw, I was more allergic to my dog who had a chronic yeast problem. He refused to

let me clean his ears so I really couldn't get a handle on it. If I bathed my dogs in dawn

Dish soap every 7 days or less, it helped but not enough. My vets groomer recommended

this ..

I have to wash my bed linens every week too. Once my pillow cases get soiled, I start

waking up with sticky eyes.

Just out of curiosty, are you getting outside in the sun everyday ? I can't always do this and it's not easy for me to do, but it sure makes me feel better. I stay out for 2 hours normally. No sunscreen. I moved to the beach back in june and can't get enough of it ..

I had a non stop runny nose, sneezing, post nasal drip, etc before eliminating my known food

intolerances. Funny story .. I have a freind who sneezes non stop is she eats dairy.. Lol .. Now

there's a clue you can't miss ...

Tc .. D

That's really interesting about it being the yeast problem in the dog that was making you allergic, my family are getting a similar reaction as me to the dog, so maybe it's the dog not so much me thats the issue! :)

I'm militant about the sun, even if it's not sunny I'm in the cloud ( or rain!) for as long as possible.

I dont do dairy, but if was sneezing with my morning bowl of cereal i think i'd have to give it up!

I saw my friend today who has MS, he's on no meds, in remission and lives a normal life. he swears by the Mc Dougall vegan diet (

). Thinking I might lay off the Paleo and give this a try minus the legumes and grain and see if it helps with the allergies.

....I'm becoming a real cynic when it comes to diet plans ... I've been on the modified atkins, gfcf,

paleo, low oxalate, vegan, etc diets and the one thing all the creators of these diets do is over exaggerate the efficacy of THEIR diet plan. How else can they sell their books, etc. ?

And what most of them fail to recognize is that if someone simply eliminates a food intolerance they will feel better. And they don't bother to tell you about the failures ... The gf diet is a good example.

Most of the people I know who were sensitive to gluten are sensitive to other foods too. And many later find out that they can't handle any grains... And yet this isn't mentioned ...

The keto or modified atkins eliminates gluten as does the paleo and low oxalate. From what I've seen this is never pointed out as a possible reason for these diets working. It would be so

much simpler if they would ...

Imho, we're all different and watching our reactions to foods and getting any food allergen testing

you can afford are the best ways to approach this. Just keep in mind that a neg allergy test may not

be accurate so you still need to watch your diet.

Fyi tho, I just got off a vegan diet and I think it caused me to crash. Imho, there were too many carbs

for me. I have hyperinsulinemia tho .. I tried it because my digestion has slowed. I'm back on the

Paleo diet / low carb diet without red meat. Hoping to get my insulin levels under control again.

Tc .. D