For The Lyrica Users

ljoeb

I am waiting for an appointment with a neurophysiologist in Dallas, so in the meantime I went to my primary doc yesterday.

For the last several weeks, I have been having what feels like a "sunburn" over my entire body -- from the top of my head down to the bottom of my feet (there is no discoloration and to the touch my skin feels normal if not a bit cool), but it is most uncomfortable in my thighs, ankles and feet. It has gotten quite progressively worse to the point of almost being unbearable.

My doc gave my Lyrica and started me off at 50mg twice a day and wants me to increase to 75mg twice a day in about 10 days.

Any idea on when this stuff starts to work? I know 50mg is a low dose so it may take a while, but I am literally burning up!!!

Thanks for your insight. Have a great weekend. Joe

I noticed a difference right away. I took it at night so that the burning in my feet wouldn't keep me awake. It worked the first night (50mg dose). The burning I had doesn't sound like it was as bad as yours, so perhaps that's why I felt immediate relief.

I hope the Lyrica helps you.

Rachel

I have had great success with Lyrica for my neck pain.

It took a while for it to really work for me and for me to find the right dose, but I can't quite remember how long. Give it a couple of weeks though...and call your pharmacist if you want specifics....they are the best at that stuff! It should work much faster than a drug like neurontin which can take up to a month to really tell a difference.

Anyways, I only take 75 mg TOTAL a day and it is enough for me. I started at 25 mg and gradually worked up b/c the side effects hit me pretty hard and I had to ease into it. I'm glad I waited it out though b/c it's been one of the few meds that has made significant improvements for me.

I hope you will get relief soon and find the optimal dose for you. You can take quite a bit of that stuff!!!! :)

Emily

I take lyrica for my chest pain. It took a little while to start helping, but i felt a difference within a week. I had to increase the dosage and become tolerant to each dose. I felt a difference at 100 mg. but i now take 250mg.

I have been on Lyrica for about six months now and for me it is a lifesaver, i would not manage without it.

Lyrica started to work for me straight away, i was transferred directly from Gabapentin to 600 mg a day of Lyrica and for the first time ever it controlled my burning sensation and my sensation that was like lots of pins were sticking in me.

If i am late taking a dose i definatly know about it.

The only side effect i have found is the weight gain.( 2 stone in four months), this is the only med i have changed and my eating and exercise habits have not changed at all, so the Lyrica is the nly thing i can put it down to.