New Stabbing Pain In My Leg

Do any of you get this? I don't mean the gnawing ache of EDS- I mean like a sharp, stabbing going down the inside of the leg, mainly in the thigh. It only happens to me in my right leg. It happens when I'm at rest, not so much when I'm up and about. It also sometimes stabs in my right groin.

I've been getting pins and needles in my legs too and feeling of numbness.

I am off all meds except tylenol now- it's been 21 days since I had anything else. I expected to be a bit achey but this stabbing is new.

I'm not sure there is any point in going to the Dr about it because they are so often keen to say "It's just POTS/EDS/you're rare".

Could this be autonomic dysfunction? It seems so out of character.

I'm guessng not sciatica because it's moretowards the front of the leg than the back, and my spine doesn't feel worse than usual? My knees also are not great though, and get shooting pains also.

Any ideas?

And if you have had it, what alleviates it?

Hi,

not sure if you meant you had been off all meds for 21 days or if you had had the pain for 21 days? I get an intense stabbing pain in my right groin and front of my right thigh just before my period starts and for the first day or so of bleeding - it is my version of severe period pain. However that is unlikely if you have had the pain for 3 weeks!

Flop

Do you remember doing anything to your back-- even sitting for too long? It is true that sciatica is often worse when sitting, if it's caused by a disc pinching a nerve. Definitely get to the doctor. Most cases resolve on their own with proper physical therapy, but you should still get checked out.

Unfortunately, I"ve had way more experience with my sciatic nerves than I'd ever wished to have. for the most part now, it's only a problem if I sit too long, lift improperly, or bend/twist excessively at the waist. But sciatica can be pretty miserable. Till you get seen, let pain be your guide--i.e. don't do anything that worsens the pain, tingling, numbness. for many people, depending on the cause, keeping their back arched (vs. rounded) can help. Also, I have a big freezeable pad that I lie on, with my knees propped up, when it's acting up to sort of numb up the area. Hope you feel better soon!