Falling

My 23 year old daughter is doing ok since being discharged from the hospital 3 weeks ago. She is much steadier on her legs but is still falling at least 4 times a week. We decided to go to the mall Saturday and she had been walking for maybe 5 minutes when she just fell with no warning. She didn't black out or even begin to her legs just went out from under her. This happened again yesterday in 7-11. She hadn't been standing ther every long at all. I understand falling if you pass out but falling without any other symptoms doesn't seem attributable to the POTS. She has also started getting nausea to the point where she is throwing up at least once a day. Usually it comes on when she has been sitting. Her heart rate will go up to about 150 and she'll feel sick right before she throws up. Anyone else with these kind of symptoms? We go in for a third follow up with the cardiologist on the 20th and I don't know what kind of tests to ask for.

Randi

I have had the falling happen, but it was because of pressure on my spinal cord that was relieved when I had surgery on c5-6 to remove bony overgrowth and fuse the joint with a graft. You may want to discuss the sudden falls with your daughter's doctor--having POTS or another ANS problem doesn't preclude one from having other disorders just like the general population.

also the vomiting could be from gastric problems, so it might be a good idea to see a gastroenterologist... although there is a syndrome called cyclical vomiting syndrome which is believed to be a type of migraine, but your daughter's symptoms seem different from the cvs cycle (my partner, Teri, has been diagnosed with cvs).

Nina