Newbie With Pots Daughter!

Aquadiva

Hi! This is my first post, and I am very new to the POTS world. My daughter was just diagnosed last month. She is currently on propranolol, but her dr. is switching her to metoprolol. Anyone have experience with these? The propranolol seems to make her terribly fatigued. Her dizziness and headaches are less severe, but now the fatigue has her in it's control.

Any luck with these meds?

I am so glad I found this forum!!!!

Hi!

I am on atenolol for a betablocker. I tried propranolol before and did not like it, likely for a lot of the reasons your daughter didn't- fatigue, headache, etc. But, the one thing I have heard/found to be true with most meds including BB's is to make sure to start at a low dose and work your way up as needed. For me my PCP didn't know any better and put me on a dose that was fine for someone with high BP using it to lower their BP. So, make sure to start it slow. Propranolol may have worked better for me if that had been tried. As far as metroprolol I have not heard that being used as much with dysautonomia- my mom takes it fine for hypertension, I think she does experience fatigue at times with it. (much higher dose). Have they mentioned Atenolol it seems to be one of the BB's they try first. I am not as sure though with someone so young though. Does she see adult drs. or pediatricians? If still peds they may just be taking a stab in the dark, due to not being as familiar with this.

Good Luck!