Stress

I was doing great for a while, was up to 12,000+ steps per day, feeling good, no fatigue, no nausea.  I was still noticing tachycardia on standing, but I wasn't having presyncope symptoms and it wasn't limiting me.  Then we had severe weather, a tornado close to home, and power outages for a couple days.  It could have been dramatically worse, we are just a mile or so from the straight-line wind damage and 3 miles from the tornado path.  Even though we were lucky, the stress was enough to aggravate POTS.

I'm in bed for now.  Nausea, tachy, blood pressure doing funky things.  :sigh:

I didn't expect this one.  I thought stress + sleep deprivation aggravates my POTS.  Looks like stress alone, and really *not that much* stress sets it off.

What are your patterns between stress and symptoms?

Guest KiminOrlando

My smoke alarm goes off to signal that it is time to change the batteries and it wrecks me for a couple of days.

When I used to work I would have to get up with an alarm clock, and it started to trigger me. I ended up with one of those gentle wake alarm clocks. Then work just set it off every day and I had to stop.

I can be out running errands and nearly get hit by a car. I immediately know that I have to stop what I am doing and go home or I won't be able to get home by myself.

I think we just learn how to deal with it.

Kim 

Me too with alarm clocks!  Or waking up to noisy/naughty children in the morning!

I have trouble working too.  Any obligation really.  I can manage for up to 3 months and then I just can't function anymore.  My last job was just one day a week, but even that had me in bed 3 - 4 days of the week.  My husband has said that the paycheck is not worth me working outside the home. :( 

I am planning to take on one client next month.  I'll have one 2-hour obligation every other month or so.  I hope I can handle it.  I love to work!! 

I'm annoyed that something beyond my control (weather) has affected me so much.  I finally get to homeostasis and am doing okay and something I couldn't predict or control messes it up.  :grumble:

I was just sitting here with my daughter reading these posts to her and she said, you know, I'm really lightheaded and my vision is blurry.  Could you take my pulse?  So I did and it was 114 just sitting on the couch.  She has been trying to wake herself up with her alarm and we are being reminded why we had to stop doing this the last time we tried!  Thanks for sharing all the things that trigger you all!  It explained why she was feeling bad!