is octreotide good for pots

Nemesis

I'm on octreotide and though I'm not cured my quality of life is much better! It took my doc about 6 months to agree on prescribing it and I had to up the dose a few times but all in all I'm glad my doc agreed on me using it. I need an SSRI with it to have the best quality of life. I convinced my doctor by bringing him research on the use of octreotide in POTS. May be you need to dig into this, I could help you by e-mailing you the articles I handed to my doctor. 

However, this med is not for the faint hearted! I got quite sick when I started it (liver problems) which resolved by itself fortunately and recently had to have my gallbladder out which turned out to be chronically inflamed and overloaded with gallstones. Octreotide is known to cause gallstones so I knew at some point the gallbladder had to be taken out.  Octreotide can also cause inflammation of both liver and pancreas which can be quite serious.

On 01/24/2017 at 8:18 PM, corina said:

I'm on octreotide and though I'm not cured my quality of life is much better! It took my doc about 6 months to agree on prescribing it and I had to up the dose a few times but all in all I'm glad my doc agreed on me using it. I need an SSRI with it to have the best quality of life. I convinced my doctor by bringing him research on the use of octreotide in POTS. May be you need to dig into this, I could help you by e-mailing you the articles I handed to my doctor. 

However, this med is not for the faint hearted! I got quite sick when I started it (liver problems) which resolved by itself fortunately and recently had to have my gallbladder out which turned out to be chronically inflamed and overloaded with gallstones. Octreotide is known to cause gallstones so I knew at some point the gallbladder had to be taken out.  Octreotide can also cause inflammation of both liver and pancreas which can be quite serious.

Thanks