1st Doc Visit Since Diagnosis Of Ncs

maryfw

I finally got to see my cardiologist (well the nurse practitioner) yesterday. I had a really bad night on Wed night and almost passed out at church. Stayed home and then went to my doc on Thursday. I am actually happy that I was having such a bad day because my doc got to see some of it. This was the first time that I had my BP checked "orthostatically". Lying down it was 130/80 but standing it dropped 22 points. My doc said it was still to big of a drop and is increasing my meds.

As for the discussion about what caused my pots. My doc and I agree that I have probably had this all my life. Just born with it. Doc said that birth control pills were a good idea but that she could not prescribe them that I needed to go to my GYN. I will see my GYN next week. My symptoms get much worse pre-menstual and menstrual. Fewer periods!!!! Yes!!!

My doc said that if I am still having symptoms with the increase to 10mg of midodrine (which is about the max) 3 times a day then they will consider putting me on a beta blocker. Since my bp is low already they dont want to put me on a BB unless they have to.

So I will keep my fingers crossed that this works but at least I feel like they are finally listening to me and not just blowing me off.

Have a good day all.

mary

Oh yeah. After I almost passed out on Wed night............I crashed and slept really hard. My legs felt like jello and I got really cold and starting shivering. Then when I got home I got in bed with the TV blaring and the lights on. I am ususally a light sleeper but I was so exhausted from the episode that I slept like that till 5am. I normally wake every few hours with the slightest of noices. So I know that my body really crashed.

mary

Yeah Mary!

I'm glad the doc is listening and paying attention.

Continuous birth control pills worked wonders for me. Since then, I have a hysterectomy, but the bcp regemin was wonderful.

Also, I have had low bp. I was on a beta blocker and had to lower the dose. When the bp continued low, my doc put me on florinef for 6 weeks which has increased my bp and I've been able to increase the beta blocker back up to manage other symptoms - tachycardia and palps esp. Now, we are tapering off the florinef and my bp is remaining higher, significantly higher. Just thougth I'd share this info in case you go on a bb. This routine worked for me.

Hang in there. I hope the med change is helpful and not too rorugh.

Best wishes.