Need Help

marymonet

Hi

My daughter is 24 years old and has POTS. On her last EKG it said that she was having occasional ventricular premature complexes

We always ask for a copy of the EKG and thats how we found out about it. The Dr. never mentioned it.

Also we found out that my daughter is the only POTS patient she has. So where do we go from here.

We live in NY. So does anyone know of a good Dr here. I hope you can help.

Thanks

Mary from Brooklyn

Hi Mary from Brooklyn! I joined after reading your post! I lived in NYC and had an amazing doctor there who was WONDERFUL. He was the one to diagnose me with dysautonomia after having dealt with symptoms for over 30 years. His name is Dr. Brian Boatman and he's with New York Cardiovascular Associates on 7th Avenue (646-660-9999). I also recommend Dr. Lili Yu. She's an acupuncturist and was amazingly helpful. She shares her practice with her husband and they have offices both in New York and Brooklyn. They are both lovely people by my advice is to make sure you see Lili. She's fantastic. Their number is 212-741-6674. I sincerely hope they are able to help you. They were very helpful to me. And very kind and understanding. Good luck!

Guest tearose

I too have many PVC's , they are not uncommon.

What you may have discovered or soon will, is that many things that are found will be pieces of a larger puzzle of symptoms and not all symptoms are dangerous. Some are annoying and not life threatening. You and your daughter will learn when the little pieces are really a big flag of caution or just little pieces of things to manage.

I have an excellent pcp in NY but my main POTS physician is at Mayo Clinic, MN.

Recently a relative was dx with POTS in NYC from Dr. Weimer at Columbia Presbyterian (I may have spelled his name wrong) Others have also made good suggestions.

Welcome and good luck.

Best regards,

tearose