Fever

lavender

I somehow ended up with a cold and fever........lack of sleep maybe? :) my temp was a little over 102. took ibuprofen. It's down to 101. my heart rate is staying between 125 and 140, laying down, not moving....watching BORING soaps. i can feel my heart beat all over my body. My lap top is sitting on my belly, moving to the beat! it goes up if i move around or get up. I called my doctor because i am on an immune suppresant and need to watch for infection. he wondered if hr is high because of possible pneumonia.....? said to go to the ER tomarrow if no change.

does you hr do this when you have a fever? could it be part of pots or something else? thanks

blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah this isn't fun

It's pretty normal to get a much higher resting heart rate with any infection. I guess it's just the body trying to fight it. I know it's not fun, and it doesn't make sleeping any easier. I remember when I got pneumonia just over a year ago, and my heart wouldn't slow down even by lying down. I'd guess that it's partly the whole autonomic dysfunction getting more out of whack because of being sick, and partly the infection itself. If you're on immunosuppressants it's probably very important to keep track of when you have a fever. I agree that you should go to the doctor if it doesn't go away quickly. I'm sure you'll be fine, but it's still important to be seen. Take care, and I hope you're feeling better soon!!!

I hope your fever goes away soon. I am also on immune suppresants and had a fever recently that lasted over a week. I think it was just a virus, as it went away when I completed the antibiotics. I also had a very high heart rate, and was basically bed ridden. No fun!!! I hope yours resolves itself soon.

Thinking of you,

Rhonda

Hey there,

just so you know, antibiotics only help when it's a bacterial infection. Viruses won't be affected by them. That's one reason the docs don't necessarily hand out the antibiotics for things like colds.

Guest dionna

i hope that you get to feeling better really soon! i too get a faster heart rate when i get a fever... i also get dehydrated a lot quicker! be careful and if you need to, don't hesitate to visit the doctor!!! i wish you the best and i hope you are able to enjoy tomorrow!!!

dionna :)

my fever is down!!! it finally broke this morning. It's a little over 99 this afternoon. but I feel way better than yesterday, so I dont think I have an infection. My heart rate is closer to my normal resting rate now too. I think it was just how my dysautonomia reacts to a fever. I didn't hardly sleep the last few nights though. it's nearly impossible to sleep when your heart is pounding hard and fast.