lifes changed

hayley

does anyone else feel like there life has changed so much.i just woke up and realised that a year ago i had my own flat a car and a job.i have none of that i now. I had to sell my flat and move back to my parents house.Then again it has changed my perspective on life its health and happiness that matter not what uv got and what u havent. I had a talk with my councellor the other day because i suffered depression last year still get some here and there .but every thing happens for a reason.I just needed to vent.

thanks hx

I read your post and I know exactly how you feel with the confidence issue. Ya know what helps me when I'm feeling the least confident and like I'm just no use? To do something to help other people!!! So I think your idea would be great for you. I think you'll be surprised.

I just posted on the Va. group b/c that's my primary forum, but I was telling them about how I've been in N.J. with my sister who has 3 children. (ages 10, 7, and 9 months) YOu can imagine how hectic her life is and how much help she needs. So I came out b/c it was the 7 yr. old's b-day.

I have had symptoms worse than ever before these past couple of weeks. I was very reluctant to come out here b/c I didn't want to be more of a burden on my sister than a help. Somehow I managed to push through and be a bigger help to my sister than ever before. I honestly think we need to feel impt. and I think a lot of times we tend not to.

So I would encourage you to start that youth organization. You will probably feel a huge sense of accomplishment and that can't make anyone feel bad! :P

Frances

It's interesting to me that the people who knew me "before" and "after" at my church find it hard to believe as well. They saw me before and now know that I can't hardly do anything. But, I do think that the suggestion to help others does get your mind off yourself. One thing I do, if I know I can be a blessing to someone else but don't know HOW I can do it because I feel so bad, I ask GOD and He helps me through it if He indeed wants me to be of assistance. Also, sometimes if I can just make a phone call to someone else, it lifts their spirits. I also will tell people I will pray for them, and then I do it. Another idea is to send an encouraging card or word in the mail or email. Or if you have a craft that you are able to do, such as knitting or crocheting or whatever you can do, you can make something and give the item as a gift. There is a tendancy with this ailment to get stuck in the "I used to be able to" mode, that's for sure. And, that's a place you don't want to be. It serves absolutely NO purpose at all to think of what you used to be able to do, but you can't do now. It takes some effort to get out of the "poor me" mode. I know first hand. It's not easy. But, it's a necessity if you want to keep your sanity. If it helps, I understand all the losses we're dealing with. I just try my darndest to readjust.