Mayo Referral

bren62

My daughter was referred to Mayo MN over 3 weeks ago. The doctor has had her chart on his desk for almost 16 days. I have called weekly only to be told the chart is still being reviewed.

What is considered the normal wait time for them to review a chart before receiving an answer?

Is it easier and quicker to get into Vanderbilt?

This process is very discouraging.

Brenda

Keep in mind that even at Mayo, there are not that many Dr's that deal with these disorders (there are 3 or 4 I think) AND often one or more of them is traveling around the country and not even in the office.

Typically their wait for an appointment is anywhere from 4-8 months long.

So....be persistent and keep doing what you are doing but know that the reality is that it sometimes takes a long time to get in or accepted at any of these places.

Last I checked Vanderbilt had a 6-8 month waiting list and Dr. Grubb had 9-12 months.

There just aren't many Dr's available to take cases like ours.

I would suggest having your doctor follow-up with Mayo. I went through the same thing about a year ago, and they turned me down without being put on a waiting list. I wish I would have asked my doctors to push a bit maybe it would have made a difference.

Good Luck, Your daugher is lucky to have a mom fighting for her.

Rhonda.