Vanderbilt Appointment

CDJ

I have an appt @ Vanerbilt on thurs.My doc requested a week or two evaluation. Vanderbilt has told me that I must first be seen by a doc and then will be referred at a later date.From what i have seen on this forum some of you have gone for the week or two eval. I am wondering where I went wrong.I feel like I am driving for 8 hours to do autonomic testing (which I had done in chicago where I was dx)and then I will have to go back. I don't get it!can you Vandy veterans help me to understand the process???

thank you

cdj

Most of us who went there for 2 weeks did so as research patients. A couple here, I believe, were sent to see the docs there, but ended up being admitted as research patients. I believe they can do all the autonomic testing on non-research patients, but if your insurance is not willing to pay for it, it may be prohibitively expensive.

To apply to be a research patient, all you have to do is go to their website, print out the forms, fill them out, and send them along with some records. If they're interested, they'll contact you.

The med trials and whatnot are what took so long, because they do just one or two trials a day, but these I THINK are strictly part of the research protocol, although I don't see why they couldn't have you try out some of the drugs (all FDA approved, just not necessarily for POTS) on their watch... if you are expecting more than the autonomic testing, maybe you can communicate with someone there (as well as your doctor) about what it is you're looking for.

Good luck!