Going Out At Night Vs Daytime:

Suzanne

If I go out at night, (usually for a quick meal) I always rest up in the afternoon, I leave by 9 and am in bed, lights out by 10pm. But I always have a terrible night, aching legs etc. The next day I am unbearably tired, ache all over, especially eyes.

If I go out to the same event during the day (for example, eating a meal in a cafe), rest up when I am home, the next day I am tired, but can still manage.

Does anyone else experience this and have any ideas why nights are so bad. I am seriously considering not going out after 6pm. Not that I do much anyway, but with the festive season, there are a few events on that I really can't face.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am worse at night too. I just figured that it is because I am out of bed most of the bed. I usually lie down at night. I take my last dose of midodrine at 5pm to avoid the risk of high blood pressure while sleeping at night. I know my midodrine only lasts for 3 hours before I start to feel the effects wear off. Therefore, I think the worsening at night is in part due to wearing off of midodrine.

I conserve my energy by not running errands at night. I save any errands for weekends, usually sunday when after I rest all day on saturday. I am exhausted at the end of a work week. I slowly piddle out by friday.

Karyn

Evenings are worse for me, too, even if I rest up during the day. I've been napping for an hour every afternoon lately, and I'm still too tired to want to go out by evening. My best guess is that there's some sort of natural rhythm at work where my body just doesn't rest as well during the day and doesn't move as well in the evening. But I'm not a doctor.

spike