Flu Sick, Sore Throat, Ears Hurt?

jkapache

SAt am I woke up really hot and feverish..... with a terriably sore throat, my body ached- even my fingers! My ears hurt on occasion, my stomach feels puniy..... just feels like the flu. my temp has ranged from 95.5 - 97.6. My mom is insisting I go to a reg GP. SO she got me an appt tommorow- but its with a nurse practitioner... and not my POTS dr. Should I even bother going, if it was just that I had the flu it wouldnt be a big deal, but the whole POTS thing complictates it, because I have someof these symptoms regardless! So the ? is, do I go or not?!

Honestly, it doesn't hurt to go. Just make sure the nurse practitioner has a full understanding of your condition (bring along some information printed off the internet if you want, just in case~to explain if she/he doesn't really know about POTS). That way, if there is anything further wrong than just you have the cold/flu they will be as fully informed as possible. And as well as other normal things, medications, etc. you might be on and your POTS Doctor's name, etc.

But I can tell you right now, drink lots and lots of fluids!!! And rest!!! I was just recently sick, and talked with my POTS Doc and other than watch for major worsening symptoms like strep throat, etc. etc. drink lots and lots of fluids!!! It's more important when you're sick than any other time.

But, yes, go, unless you feel significantly better. I don't mess around much with my health since I started getting sick (with the POTS symptoms) because you never know if any complications can occur.

I hope this helps a little bit. :)