Restless Leg Syndrom

jkapache

I just read an article on Restless Leg Syndrom, and it seems to be alot of what I experince on a regular basis in my legs. Does this have anything to do with POTS? I know that your legs can ache and be weak with POTS- but like it says for RLS- I have it mainly at night, and wake up with it in the morning- and it is awul, but when I get out of bed it disappears very quickly. Think it is worth asking my cranky dr about?!

Jess,

My doctor dx'd me with RLS before I was dx'd with POTS. He put me on a medication called "requip", which didn't help my leg pain at all.

After the POTS dx, he took me off the requip, as he says that the pain I'm experiencing is most likely due to POTS and the blood pooling in the legs (especially at night or when we wake up).

Once we get ourselves moving and the circulation is re-established in our legs when we wake up, the symptoms can quiet down a bit........so, you might not have a true case of RLS, but rather are feeling the effects of POTS.

I don't know when you see your "cranky" doctor next, but you might want to discuss this with him then. Do we have the same doctor? :( LOL

My doctor is cranky all of the time ...(I don't think he likes treating a patient with a condition he knows very little about). Until I'm able to find a new one, I just keep telling myself that I'm paying HIS salary (me and my insurance)...... so, let 'em be cranky! ;)

Don't know if this will help you but I had leg pain at night. My neuro from CCF suggested with tilt the head of the bed - making the bed slant downward. This almost seems backwards but it has helped my legs greatly when I sleep. The bed looks actually greatly slanted but when you lay down you really don't notice it. We have a king size bed so but my side and my husbands side is slanted, but it is not affecting his sleeping. One caution though be sure to support middle of bed frame as to not crack it.

Katherine, do you have POTS as well as RLS? I do know that the POTS causes alot of weird symptoms, that I would have never suspected anything else... but then I saw an article on RLS and thought it sounded alot like what I feel. But I must say, sometimes my legs just ache......I dont know if you would call ache pain or not but... its annoying and it is a bit painful! Thanks for the replies!