Atrial Flutter:

Since going off of my Cardizem, I've started to experience some atrial flutter. I had this back in 1998, and that's what led docs to put me on a CCB. My doctor thinks my system will regulate itself, adjust to the CCB being taken away, and the tachycardia and atrial flutter will subside, especially since I'm in my 40's now.

How many of you have atrial flutter? What do you know about it? What do you do for it? Is it dangerous? I've heard you could throw a clot with it; do you have to be in it long for that to happen? My episodes don't last past a few seconds each time. I just sit down and it resolves itself.

Thanks in advance for any answers and support.

LindaJoy

This has never been caught on an event monitor for me, but I think I get this. It lasts only seconds (which feel like minutes), and only happens once every few months, as far as I know. I don't think such short events are considered dangerous. I have described the events to my POTS doctor and he is not concerned, but said this is what it could be.

Katherine