Pre-syncope Question

jhjd

Monday night, despite having not felt good Sunday or that day, I decided to take my dog for a brief walk around the neighborhood. (Yeah, I know, I know- but she'd been boarded all weekend and I missed my baby- she can actually help with the symptoms sometimes too.) Anyways, I barely made it back home and ended up very dizzy and weak and basically just fell down. I didn't lose consciouness, but I did 'gray out.' After picking me up and helping me into bed, my husband said my eyes looked very "weird-" dazed, with abnormally small pupils. I always thought your pupils dilated in times like that. Any thoughts?

And here's a second question-

DH is concerned that I actually did in fact faint- I think I got dizzy and fell. Cause if I remember falling, I couldn't have fainted, right? (He says yes, because I didn't trip on anything and don't know the actual 'cause' of the fall).

The so-lightheaded-I-fall thing is new to me, so any help is appreciated!

Hi. I have spells like that where I don't actually lose consciousness, but I am unable to speak or function. It's scary! Concerning your eyes, my husband always knows when I feel bad because he says my eyes get glassy and strange looking.

Monday night, despite having not felt good Sunday or that day, I decided to take my dog for a brief walk around the neighborhood. (Yeah, I know, I know- but she'd been boarded all weekend and I missed my baby- she can actually help with the symptoms sometimes too.) Anyways, I barely made it back home and ended up very dizzy and weak and basically just fell down. I didn't lose consciouness, but I did 'gray out.' After picking me up and helping me into bed, my husband said my eyes looked very "weird-" dazed, with abnormally small pupils. I always thought your pupils dilated in times like that. Any thoughts?

Very interesting topic.

I have had the same happen to me. I can't even get up on my own, my body feels as though I am almost paralyzed, some small movement is possable, but I couldn't get up. I was awake the whole time?

I remember doing it in the doctors office to, the nurse siad she could tell by my eyes that I wasn't feeling right. She said they rolled into my head?

Amber

Guest dionna

*i have seen myself falling before but i can't hear or speak or move or try to catch myself or anything and i dont feel the fall. so i ask the same question. sometimes i can't see but i feel the fall but not the actual hitting the ground or whatever. and sometimes i can feel everything but not hear or see or move. do you experience that as well?

*and i agree with the paralyzied feeling totally.

*i heard that some pupils either dialate or shrink when symptomatic. or sometimes both in a certain individual -just obviously at different times just depending on how symptomatic.

*there are actually a lot of ways to tell if i am symptomatic by others if they pay attention. so i can't lie anymore and say i am just fine. skin color, facial expressions, body language, pupils- okay the eyes in general- mine are hazel so the color will even change slightly, brain fog, delayed responses- even if minute, zoning out, and other stuff like that.

i hope you get it all figured out. it is scary cause you know that you can't do anything about it and that you are about to get hurt again! so just stay strong and keep fighting for your answer.

dionna :)

That sounds like most of my 'black-outs.'

Most of the time I lose conciousness for all of a split second, and become concious just in time to feel myself fall (but not feel the ground hit).

My line of work deals with the possibility that my clients may pass out. I can tell when they don't feel well by the way they look. Usually the skin is greyish or pale, as are the mucous membranes, their eyes do become kinda glossy (almost like they are crying without the tears), and their skin may be cold/unusually textured.

Thanks everybody!

All of your comments sound right on target. It's not like I lose consciousness- but it's like I'm not part of the outside world. I can see it- but can't reach it. I've always gotten that a bit, and had dizziness and lightheadness, but it's been here recently that it's progressed quite to this point. Before it was like extreme brain fog and dizziness, but I'd be able to deliberately sit down and it would pass. Just glad to know I'm not the only one. :)