Iron Deficiency And Norepinephrine Transporter

Guest tearose

I don't yet understand the role of this NET.

I too have the hyperadrenergic levels of norepinepherine however my barroreceptor reflexes don't adequately work (due to denervation) so I figure I need the high levels of norepinepherine to keep me circulating blood and O2.

I don't have an iron deficiency.

I guess I'm thinking I don't have a NET deficiency. I have small fiber deficits.

Do you have a NET deficiency? I wonder how your dysautonomia is different from mine.

How did they document the denervation and small fiber deficits?

I don't know for sure whether I have an NET deficiency or not.

Even if you have normal numbers of norepinephrine transporters, you can end up with orthostatic problems if you take a drug that blocks norepinephrine uptake. So the question is the number and function of the transporters.

Supposedly, the people at Baker Institute in Australia have addressed all these. We're all still waiting for their report.

Guest tearose

Denervation and small fiber deficiency were diagnosed at Mayo, MN during the Thermoregulatory Sweat Test.

I seem to sweat profusely from my face and neck area, and near collar bones but from my ribs on down I produce no sweat!

There is also obvious bluing of my calves when I stand.

I don't think I'm not uptaking my norepinepherine, rather I'm profusely producing it to rapidly attempt to get O2 to the brain and other vital organs.

i am extrememly iron deficient but don't have high levels of norepi at all...mine are normal. i also have denervation, small fiber neuropathy, etc.

:blink: melissa