Rosacea And Midodrine

MNsue

I wish I was making this up, but on top of all my other issues I have developed a painful burning rash on my face. My GP thought it may be Rosacea. When I looked up Rosacea it has a vascular connection. Has anyone else developed this after going on Midodrine?

I guess I can give up what vanity I have left and exchange it for a good sense of humor.

Rhonda

I was diagnosed with rosacea about 5 years ago and minocycline and a cortisone topical cream was rx. Some foods, stress, sun hormones, who knows whatever made it flare.Then I found out I had a systemic yeast infection which I will have for the rest of my life the way I understand it, And so Off the antibiotic. Well When I went on the strict diet and no yeast products low and behold no roseacea. I commented to Derm and he said it was a known factor of many. I can't eat citric fruit or juice or it will also cause it :-(. I noticed no difference with midodrine when I went on it. But I started drinking a mountain dew int the morning to wake up lately ( I Know, no-no) and also went back on minocycline for the prior discussed good benefits for NMH. Roseacea came back but I'm pretty sure its the soda!! The most effective tool is the cortico steroid cream prescibed by dr. I use it twice a day. I also helps the itching. If I put it on my face looks normal. There is a green makeup cover stick put out by almay for undereyes but if used on redness and then foundation over it it will cover a bad out break pretty well.