NE Ohio/ Cleveland Area Get-together

Hello!

The dates, times & locations have been finalized for two upcoming meetings in the Cleveland/ NE Ohio area for those with Dysautonomia. Family members & friends are also welcome. This is not an official event of DINET but something that several members have organized with sights toward possibly establishing a more ongoing support group in the area. Both initial meetings will be informal gatherings to meet others with a bit of discussion toward what interest there might be for meetings in the future. Some may choose to go out for an early dinner after the meeting at a nearby eatery.

The meetings are as follows:

Eastside Meeting

Date: Sunday, May 21st

Time: 2-4pm

Location: Hillcrest Hospital, 6780 Mayfield Road, Mayfield Heights, OH 44124 (off I-271 at the Mayfield/Gates Mills exit)

Directions: From Mayfield Rd. go into the Emergency Room DRIVEWAY, and go to the immediate left to park. If someone prefers to use the parking garage, they may, it's also free. She said there is a walkway from the parking lot to a side entrance door, that's were we go in. There will be a glass elevator when we walk in--take the elevator to the basement. The auditoriums will be right there, ours will be in Auditorium 'A'.

Westside Meeting

Date: Saturday, June 24th

Time: 2-4pm

Location: Parma Heights Baptist Church, 8971 West Ridgewood, Parma Heights, OH 44130 (just west of Parmatown mall, across the street from Walmart)

Both locations are entirely accessible, air-conditioned and have free parking. You are welcome to attend either or both meetings.

It would be great if those who plan on coming could respond so that we have an idea of how many to expect, but of course all are welcome regardless. Additionally, if you are interested in meetings in the future but are unable to attend at this time, it would helpful if you could indicate as such for future planning.

:rolleyes: melissa

Hi Melissa,

Of course, Chrissy and I will definitely be attending the Hillcrest meeting and we will also try to be at the Parma one.

If anyone needs a ride, please PM me. I live east of Mentor and could pick up anyone on the way, or nearby.

Patti

Hi Melissa

I am writing for my cousin Pat (she's fifty-something) and lives in Mentor, Ohio a suburb of Cleveland.

She was diagnosed with POTS September 2004. She had neck surgery (partial corpectomy) April 2002, back surgery (lamenectomy) July 2003 and an additional neck surgery on March 1, 2006. I told Pat about the meeting but she wasn't feeling very well and is unsure if she will be able to attend. She is registered for the forum and does have an email address---butterfly44060@aol.com---but does not use her computer often. She does have unlimited long distance calling---440-974-2602 and would enjoy talking to members in the area. I want to get her into the loop for information and moral support. Thanks, BJ

BJ,

it would be great if your cousin could make it to a meeting but i definitely understand that it's not always possible. i'm keeping my fingers crossed myself that i'll be able to get there!

pat may want to sign up for DINET's meet others program. essentially it is just an exchange of contact info between those in the same area so that people can connect if/when they would like via email, phone, or otherwise. the link to sign up is http://www.dinet.org/meet_others.htm

corina,

i wish you could join us too! if only we had magic to send us from one place to another in a second (do you know of harry potter?...that's who we need).

looking forward to seeing all of you that are planning on coming sunday and/or in june...

:blink: melissa

Guest Mary from OH

Wah!! I haven't been able to be on the site for a LONG time. My migraines have been giving me fits with this lovely OH weather! (not to mention the POTS flare ups) I can't make it to the Cleveland meetings!! And I soooooo wanted to go!!

My daughter has a Feis (an Irish Dance competition) that weekend in Dayton! And the one for today I'm just reading about!! Wah!!!! :):(:)

Have a great time and maybe I'll be able to catch you all on the next one!!

mary -

sorry that you've been having such a rough time. we'll let you know when we schedule something again...i'll even try to remember to email you in case you're not on the site. (though honestly i'm not certain how long i'll be in the cleveland area but who knows...)

i hope your daughter's competition goes well & that she's doing well these days herself. i lived the first 7 years or so of my life in a suberb outside of dayton & have many fond dayton memories. and i have some irish blood in me (25%) and have always enjoyed the dancing as well. a high school friend of mine's older sister does it professionally.

it was great to meet those who were able to make it. i only got there by way of my mom driving in to get me there.

:lol: melissa

Melissa,

Please count me in for the Parma meeting! I've been so "out of pocket" lately, I have a bunch to catch up on, and missed the opportunity to attend the 5/21 meeting.

Anyway, I would really, really like to meet up with those going to Parma in June. Will we have future reminders to help make sure we don't "forget" about this upcoming opportunity to meet?

Thanks for pulling this together! :ph34r:

hi babs -

i'll post once again before the june meeting but if you join the meet others list that group gets emails about it as well.

:ph34r: melissa

chell -

glad to hear that you're planning on coming....

:D melissa

p.s.

tea -

i could be mistaken but i think jacquirin is only going to be on a tour in NY & Canada. if that's the case cleveland wouldn't be doable.....

Guest tearose

thanks melissa!

One never knows...they may just like visiting here so much that it is worth the trip to Ohio. :D

Heck, if I had the energy and the funds...I'd go to Ohio.

:) tearose