Prior Diet Pill Use??

Guest sonotech

Guest sonotech

I always wondered if the DIET PILLS (containing Ephedra) that I took (alot) early in life has anything to do with POTS!! Has anyone else taken these types of meds in the past??

Guest Belinda

holy cow I wondered about this too...I took metabolife back in 2000 that is when I started developing tachycardia..SVT I then had to have an ablation done . No problems for acouple of years then BAM POTS.

I still wonder alsop about this..I had read recently that the ephedra can cause nervous system problems..hmmm. Makes you wonder. I was completely healthy until I took the metabolife.

Belinda

Wow me too....i took a work out suppliment with ephedra right before I developed my tachy symptoms, and have told all the doctors about it but they shrug it off. I only took it for a week and then started having symptoms, so I stopped.

My husband has been convinced that the pills are what started all this, and feels guilty cause he was using them with no ill effects.

I wonder if they are a trigger or a cause?? Glad that stuff is illegal now, it will be interesting to see how many others have gone thru this.

Guest sonotech

WOW!! This is really interesting. I ALSO have mentioned it to docs who also "shrug it off" and I am TOTALLY convinced it could be related. I took Metabolife off and on for 4 YEARS (crazy) and my symptoms of POTS occured after about 1yr of discontinuing them.

Thanks for the replies!!