It's been awhile

SommerRose

I know that I haven't written in a long time so I thought I would update things (really need someone to talk to). I am still having problems with the POTS, can't seem to get on the right medication. One will keep my pulse rate down but lowers my bp, the others cause to many side effects. My recent tests done shows that my uterus is the size of a grapefruit and there is 2 growths on my left ovary. I see a OBGYN next thursday to find out what they are and why. I have so much pain in my pelvic area as if my uterus is falling out. My back is constant pins and needles. I am down to 124lbs and being 6 feet tall I look sick. I can't sleep, eat, sit for long periods or stand. I feel like all I do is complain and someday my loved ones will get tired of seeing me this way. I try to hide all the pain, but I know you can see it on me. I still have shakes and get dizzy all day. Headaches in the morning and trying to not fall asleep during the day cause of my children. My husband takes good care of me, but I'm sure he is tired of hearing me complain, thats why I have turned to you.

Thanks for listening.

Sommer

Goodness!! All of your symptoms could be from the Gyno problems.. That really needs to be attended to. Hopefully your Gyno know your POTs problem and can take the proper precautions when treating you. My prayers are with you. Keep your chin up!:-)

Good grief, I feel for you. I know what its like to have gyno problems, I have been through it, and so has my daughter, but to have it and have the other problems is horrible. I know what its like trying to get the right meds. It is like russian roulette. The last time my doctor started adjusting my meds I had a minor stroke, and I know about the side effects too as I am sure most people here do also. They are sometimes worse than the problem. At first I was losing weight like crazy, but I needed to lose anyway so I didnt worry about it, but now because of the florinef I am gaining it back. I eat like a bird because eating causes such discomfort that I would rather not eat at all, but my family forces me to. I had gotten down to 170 from 240 in just a few months and now I am back up to 180 in just a couple of months. My orthopedist said that I have to get to 150 because my osteoporosis is so severe that the extra weight is going to cause me some very bad problems. I hope you start to feel better soon. I know how it feels to feel helpless in a time like this and your family suffering. My husband works 2 jobs, takes care of me cleans the house pays the bills and does everything that I used to do. I feel guilty all of the time. Hang in there though. It sounds like you have a loving and understanding husband and that is worth more than all of the money in the world. I dont know what I would do without my husband he is my strength. Vanessa

I know that I haven't written in a long time so I thought I would update things (really need someone to talk to). I am still having problems with the POTS, can't seem to get on the right medication. One will keep my pulse rate down but lowers my bp, the others cause to many side effects. My recent tests done shows that my uterus is the size of a grapefruit and there is 2 growths on my left ovary. I see a OBGYN next thursday to find out what they are and why. I have so much pain in my pelvic area as if my uterus is falling out. My back is constant pins and needles. I am down to 124lbs and being 6 feet tall I look sick. I can't sleep, eat, sit for long periods or stand. I feel like all I do is complain and someday my loved ones will get tired of seeing me this way. I try to hide all the pain, but I know you can see it on me. I still have shakes and get dizzy all day. Headaches in the morning and trying to not fall asleep during the day cause of my children. My husband takes good care of me, but I'm sure he is tired of hearing me complain, thats why I have turned to you.

Thanks for listening.

Sommer

Thanks for replying to my post. I think it is awesome to find men like ours. I too feel so guilty at times that I can't help but cry to see him work all day and come home to cook supper or do dishes. He always says that it doesn't bother him but, I wonder if he will ever get tired of it. I have 4 childern (6 on the weekends), my older two (14 & 9) understand that mommy is sick, it doesn't make them want to help me more though, my babies are 3 & 2, they are always asking me if my back hurts or if i'm sick. I hate knowing that I could be playing in the snow with or just plain playing. I have no energy for anything. Having them sit on my lap even hurts, I have to push them down to the end of my legs so that they don't touch my stomach. Anyway, I have done enough complaining. I am so thankful that there is people like me out there that understand exactly what I feel. God give us strength to get through all the rough times.

I too agree that it is a blessing to have a great husband. He gets frustrated at times because he works hard, we have our own business, but our kids are 21 in college and 18 senior hs. so they realize somewhat of the situation. I have not gone into it with them because I really don't want to burdne them with this and sometimes this backfires because they think I should be able to do more . They are great kids but they would like a more involved mom I'm sure. You can't commit to things when you don't know how you ae going to feel from morning to afternoon. I do know though that your kids are learning a great deal about empathy and care from you. This will be something they will always have and will be much more understanding of others differences. This is sadly missing from society and our children's generation at large. Your kids know you love them all you can. Hang in there. I just take it day by day. Maybe thats what the good Lord is trying to tell my Type A personality!:-)