Attorney help...Binder vs Allsup

bbdeezy

Okay.....I have filed for Disability and I am wondering what Attorneys anyone reccomends. I have Contacted Binder and Binder and they have agreed to represent me but I have also spoke with Allsup ( they represent only on depression and anxiety issues)! Has either of these been used and anyone can give me advise on either? I have had a " Mental" exam with a SS phychiatrist so I am wondering if this is then what Social Security is looking most for on my application. I am at a loss even thouigh of course I listed depression and anxiety on my application...although its mostly as a result of the POTS and how it has effected me mentally. Has anyone else been through this as far as the mental exam being requested?

Hi. I filed for disability back in April, but I moved in July so I got to add a couple of months to the wait because of moving to a different state. They tell you it's usually about 4 months until you hear a decision. It's taken 6 months, in my case. I had to go through the mental health exam, also. Mainly because I saw a physician in SC who insisted that I had panic disorder. I may very well have anxiety issues, but who wouldn't if they had syncope, heart palps, tachy, hypotension, etc.?! Anyhow, I have just been informed that they have sufficient information after my exam to make a decision in the next week or two. I had also called Binder before I started the process, but decided to try it on my own first. I guess I'm patiently waiting to hear what they say. If the decision is not favorable, then I will most definitely pursue legal representation. I'm at a loss as to who you should get to represent you. I'm sure others here may know. I just wanted to let you know you're not alone in the process.

Wait until you hear what your decision is based off of your med records and the exam. You may be surprised to find out you get a favorable decision without legal counsel. There has been a lot of discussion about disability on this forum. Some people seem to have had no problem with getting disability and some have had to hire a lawyer. Maybe we'll get lucky!! ;)

Best of luck to you!!

Melly

I guess I am trying to get my ducks in a row JUST in case. Neither charge the fee IF i get approved on my own but they want to be ready rapidly for appeal if I dont get the initial approval on my own. They say it beats doing all the paperwork after a denial and having that much longer to wait.

That makes sense. I didn't realize they didn't charge a fee if you got approved on your own. I hope I don't get denied, because my ducks WON'T be in a row, and I'll have more waiting. Ouch!! Let me know who you decide to go with.

Good luck,

Melly