hyperinflated lungs?

Thank you for your reply. :)

I do have asthma, but it is quite mild and well controlled. My POTS however is severe, and I quite well meet the criteria for IST. I have recently gotten a great deal better control and relief from Corlanor, thank goodness. As my hr standing was consistently 170+ up to 200, and even laying down 110+, some on my team wonder if poor oxygenation from the tachycardia could have caused the hyperinflation over time. 

8 hours ago, Julyrose said:

some on my team wonder if poor oxygenation from the tachycardia could have caused the hyperinflation over time. 

You may not have the answer to this, but just wondering out loud.. Would the poor oxygenation over time be something that you would've been able to detect using a pulse oximeter along the way, or is it more like a case of the blood oxygen readings being normal but the body not utilizing the oxygen effectively? 

It's interesting they pose that theory, because from what I understand usually when patients ask if their chronic tachycardia is potentially going to cause their organs harm or pose problems for them down the line, they're told that it won't or shouldn't. Wish doctors would be more honest and just say they don't really know

That is interesting. I have bradycardia--resting heart rate of 51. It goes down to 38 periodically. I wonder if both bradycardia and tachycardia contribute to hyper-inflated lungs due to the poor oxygenation in either extreme.

Follow up: my gp said Hyperinflated lungs are quite common in asthma and that is most likely the cause and no reason for concern for me. POTS is a consideration when choosing which asthma meds to use, but not a contraindication. I do not believe this is an indication of organ damage over time. Please do not be alarmed, and if you have questions or concerns, ask your medical team. Also, in my experience, the best doctors are willing to say what they do not, or cannot know, and are also willing to be creative and ask questions, but of course only acting on the data at hand.