Mayo Pain Clinic

I've recently been diagnosed with POTS, fibromyalgia, and a migraine disorder and I'm being sent to a three week stay in at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. I'm taking part in their pain clinic and the doctors claim it helps with POTS too. Has anyone done this clinic before? I'm very nervous about all this and would love to hear from someone with more experience.

I don't want to be discouraging in any way, and I need to say off the bat that I have no first hand experience with their pain clinic.  This may be a great thing.  I wonder why you are nervous?  What are you concerned or uncertain about?  Who is sending you?  

I will share--and remember--this is not necessarily relevant to your situation, but after some consideration I decided to share it in case there was something in my friend's story that shed any light on your concerns.   A good friend of mine went to Mayo in Rochester a handful of years ago for a diagnosis and treatment of a rare disorder.  They did diagnose and then basically said that their pain clinic was the only thing they could offer her.  She was someone with 50 years of daily meditation experience (she started young) and she had many mind-body practices already in use.  They did not offer her a lot beyond that.  I recall she was somewhat disappointed overall.  But if these techniques are new to you, or you want to really learn to implement them successfully, then they may be helpful with migraine and fibro, I'd think.  

I am concerned about being put on a bunch of medications that dull pain but wouldn't do much to improve my quality of life. If it is more learning skills and lifestyle changes I am willing to give that a try. It is also a little nerve wracking to be so far from my support system for a month but hopefully technology will help with that. Thank you for telling me what you know it eases my mind a bit.

Can you inquire, @New Soul, if the pain clinic focuses on mind/body techniques or if they are more likely to prescribe something?  Seems like someone would be able to give you some idea about the way they work.

This is what I see when I google them: 

Mayo Clinic's Pain Rehabilitation Center (PRC) helps people with chronic pain return to a more active lifestyle. Teams based at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota use a rehabilitation approach that incorporates behavioral, physical and occupational therapies to help restore physical activities and improve quality of life. The program also helps participants eliminate the use of pain medications and decrease the use of other medications that can impact health and quality of life in the long run.