Lab Order Follies

MaineDoug

My Rheumatologist (Researcher, Professor, Clinician at Columbia), sent an order for lab tests to a local rural Hokey Pokey hospital 🤡. I call to confirm and my wife takes me in. I verbally confirm the tests (for 4 docs). They miss my Rheumy’s orders. Then deny receipt. So I had to ask this top doc to resend the orders, FOUR TIMES!!! Nothing! 
I apologize to my very understanding doc and suggest we try a different hospital. She sends the orders, a simple ESR & CRP. I call and confirm. My wife drives me over. I tell the tech, make sure these are the orders from doctor ******, a ESR & CRP, from Columbia, NYC? Tech says, “no problem, I’ve got it”. I get home, check the portal and seeee A REPEAT OF THE LABS DONE LAST WEEK and no ESR OR CRP. 🤪 
I call and explain to another staff member who starts by making it look like my fault! I explain. She blames the other tech. I’m not looking for blame! I just want the labs done! Lucky for tech 1, she was very nice and a great stick. Her kindness saved the lab director a long difficult conversation!
Now I’m very acutely ill and homebound. It’s very difficult for me to do a lab trip. 
It means a day of rest and prep, a difficult day of travel and the test. Then a recovery day. 
So end of story, two weeks later, still no blood draw, no test, no results. I’m resting and plan to try again Friday. 
Maybe they’ll do the right test? 🤔

I may need to relocate from my wonderful woodland home in Maine, to NYC, to access the care I need! 😤