ER experience

Sea otter

Yes. We are trying to figure it out. Lots of follow up appointments now that doctors are paying attention to what I have been saying for over a year and a half about my tachycardia and shortness of breath and dizziness. Perhaps postural hyperventilation like the authors of the article I posted or maybe low Vit D. The former would make sense as I’m constantly air hungry and had a low C02 (respiratory alkalosis). The latter could make sense if I’m not absorbing phosphorus due to Vit D deficiency. Perhaps both. 

30 minutes ago, little_blue_jay said:

What were your symptoms of low phosphorus?  Are they still trying to find the root cause?

Sorry. I didn’t answer your entire question. As for symptoms it’s hard to say what was from the PoTS and what was from the low phosphorus. But the severe muscle spasms and what felt like bone pain are gone and I’m not having the severe chest pain and heart racing/pounding. In the hospital my heart rhythm was all over the place. My phosphorus was quite low at 1.0mg/dl. 

12 hours ago, BaPon said:

Not arguing with your perspective but wanted to share mine. 

I didn’t want to go to ER last week. But if I hadn’t I might not be here. I ended up is critical low phosphorus. We don’t know why yet (perhaps Vit D levels, perhaps low C02) but be careful of avoiding ER and assuming everything is okay. This article is helping with the differential diagnosis for my type of PoTS and the low C02 and Low phosphorus. 

J Am Heart Assoc. 2018 Jul 3; 7(13): e008854. 
Published online 2018 Jun 30. doi: 10.1161/JAHA.118.008854

Again, not trying to start any argument. Just be careful. My husband finally insisted I go in to ER. It took 3 days to get me stabilized. 

Don't worry. I understand what you are trying to say.