open mri update

Guest Finrussak

Guest Finrussak

In the interest of helping others find new and better technology;

thought Id update on the open MRI I mentioned in a past post....the older open ones DID have a less clear picture and were definitely not valid for things like the brain BUT these brand new machines that can do imaging in various upright postures have extremely strong magnets and produce images that compare to the older closed ones!!! I have just gotten copies of my films for the other day and although I am not a trained tech I have seen many of my own MRI films and the standing ones are as clear as my closed ones!!!! Honestly tho the ones done while sitting were less clear...prob due to not having a foam block bracing abdominal movements...the tech realized he should do this halfway thru. anf gave it to me for the standing portion. plus for the standing one, your knees are braced so its not like the TTT!!

So anyone interested in further info...the company making these machines is FONAR...