arms legs keep getting that falling asleep feeling

I have noticed that my arms, legs, feet, hands keep getting that feeling which is like when your leg/foot falls asleep. Complete with that tingling/sparkle feeling. But they do it all the time, even if I have not been laying funny or sitting on them but for a second. Does anyone know what causes this and if it is POTS? Thanks, and hope everyone is having a good day. Jennifer TX

i've had this for years - to varying degrees - primarily in my feet...more when i don't wear my compression hose &/or when i'm not moving my feet around as much &/or when i'm sitting with them down (as opposed to propping them up)....but definitely more than the "norm" for when someone sits on or crosses his/her legs, etc & not always "explainable". i've been told it can be related to blood pooling & poor circulation.

i've had it some though in my hands, arms & legs...increasingly so...and have it on my list of things to pursue the next time i actually have a face-to-face with a autonomically-knowledgable doc. i know that i have autonomic neuropathy so am wondering it if could also be sensory but at this point it's not a symptom that's affecting me day-to-day in terms of functioning so i haven't agressively pursued it.

i can definitely relate to how bothersome it can be though & think it's definitely something to at least ask about, especially if it's new or changing for you (do as i say, not as i do...)

B) melissa

Everything falls asleep in my body, I think. More often than not, I get up from sitting down for class and start to limp, and someone asks what's wrong, and I just say, oh it's nothing, my foot's asleep. My feet, legs, butt, back, (now those two feel really weird!!), hands, arms, and sometimes face all seem to enjoy playing this little game. I have no idea what causes it, though.

It is strange. I know nothing about neuropathy stuff. I have loss of sensation everywhere, these falling asleep feeling things, stuff getting really numb. What sort of test are there for neuropathy stuff and how bad is it? A lot of mine is sensory problems. I was checked for MS, and the large nerves in my arms and legs work-(some test my neuro did). Thanks guys. Jennifer

B) Hi ya! I suffer with this permanently at the moment and it is known as peripheral neuropathy. Have u had ur bloods checked recently? One of the main things to look for is a vitamin B12 deficiency. It's worth having it checked out anyway! Good luck & take care.