Resting HR and flares.

Ranga

On days when I have a flare, I notice that my resting HR while sleeping dips sharply, and my HRV goes up, which typically signifies a healthy heart.  But in my case, it triggers a flare. Higher HR seems to help me sleep better. See the attached graphs on a good and bad night. Maybe it has something to do with thermoregulation?

In my case, my gut starts acting up like crazy with either burping/reflux or excessive gas with multiple BMs and peeing, sometimes accompanied by chills and heat surges, cold extremities.

My theory based on observing this for the last 4 years, is that a rapid drop in resting HR and a drop in outdoor temperature seems to trigger sympathetic overactivity, and then the body goes into chaos trying to get back to homeostasis.. initially the extremities go cold, then I start burping, which seems to increase HR and then warms up the extremities. When it's warmer weather, it goes the opposite way, with excessive gas, which cools down my core.  

In general, I have flares only when the HR dips, not when it stays high even though both are very much in the normal range - upper 50s to low 70s. Low 70s appears to be my normal resting HR.

Anyone else have this pattern of heating and cooling manifest as burping/flatulence? It mostly occurs when I lie down to sleep or get up from sleep.

Screenshot_20230117-081914.png

Screenshot_20230117-081857.png