Feeling Better - But...

mehaller

I have struggled to make contact with my neuro at VA Portland.  Last convo was mid April when he said staff would schedule another call.  Didn't happen.  I made three calls - he bagged all of them.  I am now in touch with the Dep Chief of Staff office.  Not holding my breath.  The system seems to be broken.

In other news, I made some bulk changes to routine.  

1).  Reduced midodrine to two 5 mg per day due to headaches.  And, reduced water intake to about 50 oz per day - too many night day and night visits.

2).  Raised the head of my bed by 7".  

3).  Started taking B complex, and L - Arginine and L - Citruline combo

First thing is that I am getting seven and occasionally eight hours of sleep.  This has made a huge difference in my daily routines.  I'm on my feet much longer.  I have been able to horse my 1000lb ATV mower around on the hillside for two hours, much fewer post-prandial crashes, longer walks, and I don't have to find a bench at the grocery check-out counter.  Headaches events reduced.  

Why start the Bs and L Arg and L Cit?  Seems counter-intuitive taking a vessel "relaxer" and midodrine.  Why not?  Many things have been paradoxical.  Besided, I don't appear to have a doctor to brow-beat me.  Which of these things worked?  Don't know, and at this point I don't care.  

Now, the but.  Prior to my supplements and other actions, I'd begun to have what I can only surmise is some form of neuropathy in my right foot - constant scrunching of my toes, seemingly initiated at the pad below the secnd and third toe.  This resolves when I sleep - so far.  Some days I want get the drill out and ...  

Thoughts du jour.