I feel like I’m not in my own head and watching myself from a distance

Hi everyone. I’m actually waiting for official POTS diagnosis I’ve always had symptoms but it’s been much worse since my second bout of covid. I am wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours next month just waiting for the appointment date now. I am managing to continue working at the moment but I have extremely dizzy spells sometimes when I stand, low blood pressure, a pounding heart and shortness of breath. The amount of floaters in my eyes has sky rocketed lately (always had them as I’m extremely short sighted) and I have bad ‘coat hanger’ pain in my head neck and shoulders which I have sports massages for to relieve the tension. Anyway the point of my post is this odd feeling I experience where I have such bad brain fog I feel like I’m not even really in my own body that I’m just walking around doing everything but watching through someone else eyes. Does anyone else have any idea what I mean?

Hi, I think I might know what you’re describing. When my brain fog was at its worst, I felt incredibly disconnected from the world or my own body, like I was just observing myself or wasn’t within my own body. It felt a lot like depersonalization/derealization. I’m really sorry you’re experiencing that too, I always found that symptom hard to cope with. Sending kind wishes. 

• 3 weeks later...