advice on moving away to university

persephone

I don't know why I'm getting so worried- I lived away for 5 years for my first degree, but I guess I wasn't so ill then, I could manage.

I'm going to be moving in with two people I don't know from Adam- I've never met them before, don't even know if they're male or female and won't til the day term begins.

It's going to be hard enough to move away after the year I've had, but to move away to somewhere that isn't particularly close to things or helpful is going to make a difficult time tougher still.

Any ideas or advice?

A slightly nervous persephone x

Persephone,

You sound as though you are a pretty reasonable person. I could never move far away as I am a home body. When I am sick I won't even try to leave the house as this will worsen things for me. If I did have to move in with people I did not know. I would probably type up a letter that states a little bit about me ( of course you would want it to be about you ). Go ahead and lett your new room mates the type person you are, let them know about your medical condition, and of course finish up the letter saying how you are looking so forward to getting to know them. This will help address your worries and maybe even make everyone feel more comfortable. I think you will be just fine you have a great outgoing and caring personality and this will take you a long way.

You may also want to check and see if there is any help in the area to help the disabled. Sometimes they will help with transpertation needs.

Good Luck,

Rita s

I don't really have much advice. I agree that checking into disability services might be good. Since you don't have control over who your roommates are can you make a plan B for what you will do if it doesn't work out for you? Can you afford to move out on your own or maybe find another roommate on campus?

Are you connected or affiliated with any church or group? Maybe there would be someone from a place like that that would be willing to donate their time to help get you to classes if you needed it.

Good luck. I can imagine the anticipation you are feeling