Sertraline 25mg

Guest KiminOrlando

Guest KiminOrlando

My Neurologist wants me to start Sertraline 25 MG 1x a day to see if it will calm my overreacting autonomic nervous system. My BP is too low. I have MCAS. I have migraines. Is this something that other people take? Is this a good idea? I have contacted my Cardio for final clearance, but wanted feedback from the dysautonomia community. 

I have an appointment at Vanderbilt in May, but right now it is just for MCAS.

Guest KiminOrlando

I got clearance from my Cardiologist yesterday, so I started this drug last night. I also have now been referred to Vanderbilt for Dysautonomia so hopefully we can tie my MCAS and Dysautonomia together with my Autoimmune disease. 

Guest KiminOrlando

This med seems to be making me worse. My BP is too low for my BP monitor to detect it while standing. Once I lie down and put my feet up, my BP normalizes but my heart rate was 117. I'm stopping it to see if I can at least get back to the way I was. I have had multiple Liquid IVs and it didn't help.

Guest KiminOrlando
On 4/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, MomtoGiuliana said:

It was 2 weeks of really bad symptoms.  Things slowly improved after that. 

That is good to know. I kept a headache and had such a hard time just walking across the house. I have an appointment at Vanderbilt for MCAS. I may try it again after that.