Afib triggered by dysautonomia?

Picklesquish

2 hours ago, Picklesquish said:

Does anyone else experience afib caused by dysautonomia? I was incorrectly diagnosed with paroxysmal afib until my doctor connected the dots and referred me to a dysautonomia cardiac doc. Wondering if I’m the exception?

Yes, I have Afib that my Electrophysiologist thinks is triggered by my dysautonomia. Still, it is paroxysmal Afib even though it wasn't caused by the usual things. What treatment are you having? I am taking the antiarrhythmic flecainide and that pretty much controls it so far. 

Best wishes!

I am dealing with this at the moment. The cardiologists don't seem to care what's causing it. I am screaming that it's being caused by autonomic instability but it's falling on deaf ears. Who is the dysautonomia cardiac doctor you're seeing? I was in and out of the hospital this past month and now I'm on metoporol and flecanide. My hope is that it's temporary until I get this figured out. I am super autonomically unstable at the moment. I took a bath tonight and reacted to the hot water. 

21 hours ago, Picklesquish said:

I’m taking Cozaar to treat BP spikes and Clonidine patch to control adrenaline. Seems to be working. Beta blockers and calcium channel blockers made the ectopics worse,

How often do you get Afib and do you get a high HR during the episodes? I just had an episode that was probably triggered by the medical cannabis I took for sleep! Frustrating.

20 hours ago, Chasel8 said:

I am screaming that it's being caused by autonomic instability but it's falling on deaf ears.

Though my Electrophysiologist agrees that I developed Afib because of Dysautonomia, that doesn’t seem to change the treatment once the pattern of Afib has been established. I wish we could treat the Dysautonomia and thus get to the root of Afib, but research into Dysautonomia doesn’t seem to be there yet.