Going to vanderbilt soon

Rita

Hey guys I will be going to vanderbilt for research in a few more weeks , but wanted to post early to give you guys time to let me know of any questions you may have. I will be asking about our sexual difficulties and what we can take to help us with this if anything. I will also be asking why we wake up in the middle of the night thirsty and craving salt. If anyone has any questions please let me know. I am not shy and will ask anything that can help.

Sincerely,

Rita s

hi rita -

it is so sweet that you're willing to ask questions to help others out, and if things that are your questions will help others that is great, but i just wanted to say that you should make sure you make YOU a priority while you're there. even though it seems like you'll be there a long time, the actual time with the doc, etc. for questions/discussion still won't seem like enough. so make sure that you get to ask all the questions that you have - even if they don't apply to anyone but you. as you know, i'm not shy either, but i still felt like i needed more time for my questions while there too. this probably goes without saying, but since you never know when the doc will come in while you're there, make sure you have your questions written down so you're not caught off guard....and sneek some in whenever you see a doc so that you don't have as many built up at the end. do you know which doc is going to be on the floor while you're there?

:) melissa

sorry to be a nag, but if you could ask what helps low blood volume and heart pounding after eating, other than the beta blockers, i would really appreciate it, i dont eat sugar, or caffeine, any food makes me jittery and hyper, the adrenaline rush, and bad headaches, any input would be very much appreciated, but of course your concerns come first, thanks

radha

Guest 12StringANSGuitar

Rita,

Good luck to you!

I don't know if you caught my post on the 'zero gravity' idea, but possibly you could ask them.

If you see your Doctor raise their brow, blame me :P

Thanks guys for the questions. Thank you sunfish for also showing your great caring personality. I will make sure I put me first and put any other questions second. It is also helpful to me for others to mention there questions, as I may have forgot one that would be very important.

Thanks again,

Rita s

Guest Julia59

One question--------But please don't ask until you have taken the time to get the answers to your own questions. Like Melissa said----you are the priority--- :)

I wonder if they have a Blood Pressure device that can monitor your BP on a constant basis for an extended period. I know medtronic is doing their best to come up with the latest tools to help us with heart rate monitoring, pace makers, for both the heart and abdomin---ect.

I'm just wondering if Vanderbilt knows of any future ideas on how to monitor BP all the time. It sure would help us get a lot of answers.

Tonight we were shopping at a store called Andersons----it's a great store with everything from specialized groceries, building supplies, lawn and garden----great stuff. WEll when we were done we went out to the parking lot and I crashed so fast. One minute i'm OK---the next I feel like i'm going to collapse. Sure would be nice to know what my BP did at the time I felt like collapsing. I have the cardiac implantable loop recorder, so i'll know what my heart was doing-------- :D

Just thought you could asked them if they know if anything has come up, or is coming up that will monitor BP more on a constant basis---automatically.

Best of luck to you--------I hope you get the help you are looking for----i'll say a little prayer--take care.

Julie :0)